Purpose of role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Sales Team at PDS in a role dedicated to driving new business opportunities. Seeking out new partnerships, and new ways in which PDS can drive growth across the 5 pillars of our service model.
You will also have responsibility for working with some existing Clients, further embedding PDS as a true partner.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with significant experience delivering sales results from new business. Someone who understands the market, who can turn a strategy into reality, who understands how to engage with clients about their business, and who thrives in an environment where the answer is never “no!”.
- Identify new sales leads; grow new business to/above target
- Contact and follow up on qualified leads for new opportunities; again, growing new business to/above target
- Visit clients, existing and new, to introduce PDS and engage with them on the full-service portfolio. Deliver presentations and other such events which are curated and delivered to brand build and grow sales
- Create and maintain client account plans
- To work with PDS internal teams for any client queries or concerns and ensure the correct team or colleague picks these up.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in a sales role driving results through new business essential
- Highly desirable to have previous experience of print, packaging & fulfilment either manufacturing or client side. Desirable to have previous experience working in the Print Management field
- Proven experience in full life-cycle projects, including those having complex IT, organisation or operational dependencies
- Capable of business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience required in designing and delivering results-driven client presentations
- Proven ability to deliver an outstanding customer experience and value add propositions
- Strong communication skills, both written and presentation and with the ability to “know your audience”
- Must have experience with owning personal development and focusing on developing own skills.
- Strong commercial acumen having previously managed multiple, and somewhat complex client contracts
- Team player with the ability to communicate and interact with multiple levels
- Driven and resilient
- Highly organised, results focussed with a pro-active approach to problem-solving and attention to detail
- Collaborative worker
- Technically literate and skilled with business technology, competent user of MS office suite
- An influencer with a persuasive and eloquent communication style
- Owns personal development and focuses on developing own skills.
PDS is an outsourced marketing services company based in Northamptonshire that combines creative ideas with in-depth knowledge and experience of the production process. Our services have evolved to encompass print, merchandise, storage and fulfilment, and logistics powered by our own technology platform.
Our unique strength lies in our people, we are a friendly and personable team dedicated to surpassing our client’s expectations of service, quality, and attention to detail.
Benefits of working for PDS
We understand that a supportive and rewarding work environment is essential for personal and professional growth. That’s why we are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our values and the hard work they put into their roles. For the role of Business Development Manager, you will have access to a range of benefits, including:
- PDS workplace pension scheme
- Private health cover
- Medicash health plan
- Healthy living cash benefit
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Death in service
- Bicycle and electric car salary sacrifice
- employment anniversary award
- Employment birthday rewards
If you are considering PDS as your next potential career step we are excited to learn more about you, your skills, experience, and enthusiasm for this role.
We invite you to apply in writing with your cv and a cover letter. Please review the job description carefully and ensure that your application effectively communicates your strengths and qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Client Services Director
Client Services Director